T. Buckley EPK
T. Buckley is an Alberta-based roots singer, songwriter and guitarist who delivers timeless, flowing melodies with a little grit on the edge that taps into a pure vein of country soul. Buckley invites listeners to explore human connections through intimate character sketches, love songs and playful storytelling.
Recording Plans 2018
- Recording 4th full length album in February 2018 at Hotel2Tango in Montreal, Quebec with producer and engineer, Howard Bilerman.
- Miles We Put Behind to be released September 2018, with promo videos and singles released in months leading up.
- Howard Bilerman is former member of the band Arcade Fire who is credited on over 400 records, including those by Leonard Cohen, Wolf Parade, Coeur de Pirate, Bassekou Kouyate, The Wooden Sky and Basia Bulat.
- Buckley met Bilerman at the Banff Centre inaugural international songwriting residency, recording demos for his upcoming album.
- Shared Stage with: Ian Tyson, David Myles, Catherine MacLellan, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Cecile Doo Kingue, The Small Glories, The Once
- Performed at prominent festivals including: The Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Fest (2016); The Canmore Folk Festival (2015); South Country Fair (2012); Calgary Folk Music Festival (2010/11)
- Showcases at International Folk Alliance, Showcase Artist 2012-2015 and Alberta Arts Touring Alliance 2013
- Trans Canada Alberta Music Series (CKUA) - 2014
- CBC Radio Show - Key of A - 2014
- Break Out West Festival Performer 2013
- Recognized in 3 songwriting competitions including Calgary Folk Fest Songwriting Contest (2010 & 2012) and ATB All-Albertan Songwriting contest (2013)
- Frequent performer at prominent Folk Clubs across Western Canada - including sold out premier at Edmonton Full Moon Folk Club (2016)
- Lead 4 year successful weekly residency at one of Calgary's top music venues 2013-17
"There’s enough swing and twang to set your feet moving involuntarily and enough soul and lament to make you want to grab a beer to cry into, but the joy these three bring to the stage will leave those lyrics two-stepping through your mind long after they’ve left the stage- Canmore Folk Music Festival
"The Trio are a tight fighting unit onstage, adept at near telepathic instrumental interplay and able to draw on a formidable list of far-flung originals and cover songs." Eric Volmers, Penguin Eggs
High-Res images - click image to download
Nowhere Fast (2015)
- Reached top music charts on CKUA Radio for two consecutive weeks
Northern Country Soul (2013)
- Reached #1 on CKUA Radio music charts
- Listed in CKUA’s Top 100 Albums of the Year for 2013
- Charted on Earshots top 20 roots Albums
- Top albums of 2013 - No Depression Roots Music Magazine
Roll On (2010) / Self-titled EP (2008)
Other resources - click to download
"Boom. I turned my head for a second, and a new generation of songwriters popped up in Calgary, shockingly professional and prolific, securing weekly residencies at top venues and the best players in town to accompany them.T. Buckley is one of those songwriters. In a matter of a few years, he has built a solid fan base in the city [and] toured across the country..." Gillian Turnbull, No Depresion Magazine
"It’s not hard to see why these gentlemen are in such high demand... The threesome leaves nothing behind as they perform, each putting theirshoulders into the wind and ultimately playing off each other with ease...If you haven’t already become a convert, you owe it to yourself to find these guys in their regular Calgary haunts." Dan St. Yves, Calgary Herald